Essential Health Clinic is a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that was organized in 1972. Essential Health Clinic works in collaboration with Gundersen Health System. We operate under Title X of the Public Health Services Act (The Family Planning Services and Population Research Act of 1970). Funding to support programs and services is granted through the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of Family Planning, Office of Population Affairs, Great Rivers United Way, local foundations, donations, and client fees.
Our vision statement
Essential Health Clinic will be widely recognized and supported for our excellence in normalizing sexuality through health care, education, prevention services, and our commitment to a lifetime of wellness for all.
Our mission statement
Essential Health Clinic helps create healthier lives and families by providing and advocating for sexual health and education.
- When women have their annual exams, breast and cervical cancer can be detected in the early stages when it is more curable and survivable.
- When women and men have access to birth control, they have a better chance of achieving education, career, and economic goals therefore providing a healthier, more resourceful environment for their children when they are ready to make them a priority.
- When adolescents are given medically accurate sexuality education, including abstinence, they are more likely to delay the onset of sexual intercourse and more likely to use contraception and condoms when engaging in sexual behavior.
- All individuals should have the personal freedom to choose the timing, number, and spacing of their children.
- All services are provided in harmony with the personal beliefs of each client.